CHEVROLET 8cwt CMP

Preguntas, discusiones, todo lo relacionado con estos vehiculos

Moderador: administrador

CHEVROLET 8cwt CMP

Notapor charlie s. » 23 Sep 2014, 14:24

Hola,
se podría considerar a este vehículo Chevrolet 1940, el padre del Canadiense ?
Imagen
Imagen
Slds,
Charlie S.
MB Slat Grill 1942
CJ2A 1947
Spen Trailer 1948
Avatar de Usuario
charlie s.
 
Mensajes: 1532
Registrado: 06 May 2009, 10:55
Ubicación: Capital Federal
Gracias dadas: 41
Gracias recibidas: 65

Re: CHEVROLET 8cwt CMP

Notapor m606paz » 23 Sep 2014, 19:13

Charlie
No , esta es la primer cabina, la que denominan Monkey Face.
Luego siguio la CAB 13 , la más conocida.
Dicen los popes, que la cabina monkey face era estrecha y que la inclinacion del parabrisas , permitia el reflejo del sol y que podia delatar la posicion de la tropa propia. En el norte de africa es donde surge este reporte y es por eso que luego diseñan la CAB13
Mariano Paz
Socio n°27
1967 M606
1952 M100 Trailer
1944 Ariel WNG
LU4ALM
Avatar de Usuario
m606paz
 
Mensajes: 15637
Registrado: 16 Abr 2009, 17:33
Ubicación: Berazategui, Buenos Aires
Gracias dadas: 986
Gracias recibidas: 411

Re: CHEVROLET 8cwt CMP

Notapor charlie s. » 24 Sep 2014, 09:25

Gracias Mariano por tus comentarios.
Si se habla de la 1° cabina, entonces fué el verdadero antecesor del Canadiense ó nó ?
El chasis y motorización quedaron igual ó se modificaron totalmente ?
Este de la foto pareciera tener rodado más chico, es así ?

Slds,
Charlie S.
MB Slat Grill 1942
CJ2A 1947
Spen Trailer 1948
Avatar de Usuario
charlie s.
 
Mensajes: 1532
Registrado: 06 May 2009, 10:55
Ubicación: Capital Federal
Gracias dadas: 41
Gracias recibidas: 65

Re: CHEVROLET 8cwt CMP

Notapor m606paz » 24 Sep 2014, 19:24

Charlie
Tengo una wifi muy lenta, pero creo que este resumen respondera tus preguntas.

Chevrolet
Oshawa/Walkerville/Regina

1939-

"General Motors" concern Canadian branch located in the province of Ontario produced its autos under "Chevrolet" trademark. It started military vehicles development only when WWI started. This activity was started in cooperation with "Ford" Canadian branch on the order of national military department. First prototypes were built in September 1939. In spring 1940 the company introduced the vast gamma of unified military autos of various classes with several cab types, front fascias and numerous body types. They were based on parts of mass-produced commercial autos manufactured in Canada and USA. They got common name "Canadian Military Pattern", short - "CMP". Standard type of military truck made in Canada. "Ford" and "Chevrolet" autos had similar appearance. Apart for badges and several parts. Yet they were equipped with different power units and chassis parts. Canada, the Commonwealth of Nations member, supplied them primarily to British armed forces stationed all over the planet. They were also produced in Australia, New Zealand, India and Egypt. Besides "Chevrolet" Canadian branch manufactured upgraded variants of civilian pick-ups and trucks series "1500" used to carry ammo and armament.

"Chevrolet" military produce consisted mainly of CMP family including 5 basic chassis with 4x4 and 6x6 wheel arrangement. They all were equipped with 6-cylinder gasoline engines (305 l, 85 h.p.) designed back in 1929, single dry plate, manual 4-speed gearbox, hydraulic brake drives (heavier models featured vacuum booster), solid axles spring suspension, single-tyre wheels and 6V electric accessory. All-wheel-drive models were equipped with single- or two-speed transfer, and front selectable axle built under license of "Marmon-Herrington" company. 1940-1942 models were equipped with open cabs No.11 and No.12 (with removable top) with quite a complex config of short hood and front fascia designed in style of similar British autos. 1942-1945 models got simplified cab No.13 with flat front panels and backsloped windscreen. Some trucks used some more cab types: No.41 - No.11 simplified variant for India, No.42 and No.43 with lengthened hood and open 4-seat No.43S

"Chevrolet" CMP programme was initiated with light multi-purpose C8 (4x4), industrial index "8420", and C8A (8445) 4x4 with 400kg payload, 2565mm wheelbase and 13 and 16-inch diameter at rim seat respectively. They are known mainly with enclosed staff, ambulance and cargo-and-passenger bodies. С8АХ (8448) airtransportable variant was shipped for assembly in New Zealand. All in all "Chevrolet" and "Ford" assembled about 13,000 autos series "8". The second family of 750kg payload consisted of multi-purpose models С15 (8421) 4x4 and С15А (8444) 4x4 with 16-inch tyres. The first CMPs shipped to England in autumn 1940 were C30 (8441) 1.5t trucks with cab No.11, 4.5m metal body with tent, 16-inch tyres and 3410mm wheelbase. Simultaneously the reinforced chassis C60S with 20-inch tyres was produced. It was designed to carry special equipment and armament. C60L (8443) long wheelbase variant featured 4020mm between the two axles. All these autos made up to 90km/h. CMP only 3-axle truck, С60Х (6x6) was produced under "GMC" trademark. In 1940 short chassis (2500mm) with 20-inch wheels was used to launch production of light artillery tractor - CGT (8440), FAT OR "Quad" 4x4, that had practically no difference from similar "Ford" model. It was equipped with brake vacuum booster and rear winch. It was equipped with various full-metal cargo-and-passenger open top bodies, side doors and indigenous windows in roof shallow panels. In the very end of war it was replaced with simplified body with canvas roof. Light armoured cars based on truck chassis were produced under "GMC" trademark too. All in all "Chevrolet" and "Ford" produced more than 350,000 CMP vehicles including 209,000 trucks series "60". In post-war years "Chevrolet" produced pick-ups, vans and trucks similar to American models
Mariano Paz
Socio n°27
1967 M606
1952 M100 Trailer
1944 Ariel WNG
LU4ALM
Avatar de Usuario
m606paz
 
Mensajes: 15637
Registrado: 16 Abr 2009, 17:33
Ubicación: Berazategui, Buenos Aires
Gracias dadas: 986
Gracias recibidas: 411

Re: CHEVROLET 8cwt CMP

Notapor m606paz » 24 Sep 2014, 19:26

Ford
Windsor

1939-

"Ford" Canadian branch founded in 1918 started developing military vehicles in autumn 1939 when World War II started in Western Europe. All activity was made under the order of national military department together with "General Motors" concern Canadian branch. In short time the two companies developed the rich family of unified military autos of various classes with numerous types of bodies, several kinds of cabs and front fascia form based on parts of mass-produced autos manufactured in Canada and USA. Thus spring 1940 saw the born of so-called Canadian Military Pattern, short - СМР, typical model of military truck of Canadian origin. The autos were destined primarily to armed forces of Great Britain and the Commonwealth. They were produced at plants of both companies in Canada, as well as Australia, New Zealand, India and Egypt while some models and bodies for them were assembled in England. "Ford" vehicles and "General Motors" autos that were produced under "Chevrolet" trademark were almost identical in appearance apart from emblems and some parts, but were equipped with different units. Canadian "Ford" also produced upgraded versions of civilian models: staff and patrol passenger cars, pick-ups and "01AF-73" и C11ADF cargo-and-passenger models with V8 engines as well as "militarized" C098T and С298Т trucks.

"Ford" military produce consisted mainly of CMP family including 5 basic chassis with 4x4 and 6x6 wheel arrangement. They all were equipped with V8 gasoline engines (3924 cm3, 95 h.p.), single dry plate, manual 4-speed gearbox, hydraulic brake actuation for all wheels, solid axles spring suspension, single-tyre wheels and 6V electric accessory. 1940-1942 models were equipped with open cabs No.11 and No.12 (with removable top) with quite a complex config of short hood and front fascia designed in style of similar British autos. 1942-1945 models got simplified cab No.13 with flat front panels and backsloped windscreen. Some trucks used 4 more cab types.

"Ford" CMP programme was initiated with light multi-purpose model F8 (industrial index C011DF) 4x4 with 400kg payload and 13-inch wheels. The auto managed to get to RAF but was soon replaced with "Chevrolet C8A" all-wheel-drive model. In 1940 production of the second series with 750kg payload was launched. It included F15 (4x4) and F15А (C011WQF) 4x4 models with 16-inch tyres while the latter was equipped with single-speed transfer, and front selectable axle built under license of "Marmon-Herrington" company. These chassis were used to install various bodies, vans and equipment of all kinds. Till the end of 1945 "Ford" and Chevrolet" manufactured about 103,422 autos series F15. F30 (C29GF) 1.5t trucks with 3,410mm wheelbase were in much less need: in 1942-1945 19,319 items were made. CMP most mass one was F60 3t truck series - 209,004 items were made by both companies. In 1940 F60S (C01QF) 4x4 short-base version with two-speed transfer, brake drive vacuum booster and 20-inch wheels production was launched. A year later - F60L (C298QF) truck with 4,020mm. They were a basis for F60T (C395Q) semi-trailer tractor and F60В (C39Q8) open chassis with outriggers and No.43A 4-seat cab used to mount Bofors 40mm flak cannon. Simultaneously F602S (C29WFS) and F602L (C298WFS) multi-purpose rear-driven trucks with dual final drive and cabs No.13 and No.43 were produced. "Ford" produced small amounts of F60Н (C010QF) 6x6 3t model gross weight about 9t based on 4x4 lengthened chassis with additional third dead axle. It was mainly used to mount various vans and repair equipment. In 1941-1945 FGT (C291Q), FAT or Quad light artillery tractor based 4x4 chassis with 2.5m wheelbase was produced. It got winch, 20-inch tyres and various open-top cargo-and-passenger bodies assembled by "Gotfredson" Canadian branch. "Ford" made 22,891tractors in cooperation with "Chevrolet". In Australia and India trucks chassis shipped there were used to mount armoured bodies and Borbette SPGs with solid wood armour.

In 1942 Canadian "Ford" program got Lynx-I and Lynx-II (Ford-II or C29SR) 4x4 light armoured recon cars made under the pattern of British Daimler Dingo differing with fully or partially armoured bodies with armour plates up to 30mm thick. They featured 2,057mm wheelbase, 95 h.p. rear mounted engine and made 90 km/h. In India Ford 4x4 chassis was used as a basis for four types of machine-gun armoured cars (since Mk-II till Mk-IV) weighing up to 5.3t. In 1943 Canadian "Ford" launched production of Ford GPW (4x4) jeeps with wooden body made by local company "Alma Trailer". Its weight was just 122kg. They were known as "Firewood". In post-war years М38, М38А1 and М15 jeeps, pick-ups and trucks similar to American models were produced there for Canadian army
Mariano Paz
Socio n°27
1967 M606
1952 M100 Trailer
1944 Ariel WNG
LU4ALM
Avatar de Usuario
m606paz
 
Mensajes: 15637
Registrado: 16 Abr 2009, 17:33
Ubicación: Berazategui, Buenos Aires
Gracias dadas: 986
Gracias recibidas: 411


Volver a Camiones + 2 1/2 ton Información tecnica

¿Quién está conectado?

Usuarios navegando por este Foro: No hay usuarios registrados visitando el Foro y 1 invitado

cron