Australian Plymouth utility

Preguntas, discusiones, todo lo relacionado con otros vehiculos militares no contemplados en otro foro

Moderador: administrador

Australian Plymouth utility

Notapor m606paz » 30 Abr 2012, 15:20

Mike Kelly escribió:Some of these cars were issued to the US forces serving here in Australia .

Its a 1941 Plymouth based utility .... they came in three versions :
Dodge , De Soto and Plymouth.. but it was just a case of badge engineering , they were all Plymouths with different grilles and badges .

The mechanicals and chassis were all Canadian built , the engine is the long block Canadian motor 3 -3/8" bore 4/1/16" stroke , its about 2 inches longer than the US engine . The body was built here by Richards of South Australia , which was taken over by Chrylser .

There was also a 1941 Ford and Chevy utility made for the army .

Imagen

Imagen

Mike Kelly escribió:That is me with hat on , doing a deal with the owner of this army 41 Plymouth utility , he reminded me of James Cagney , the actor .

He had this car since 1956 and he drove it to work everyday . I drove it home in busy Melbourne traffic .. It was very tired mechanically .

Imagen

Mike Kelly escribió:Here's a WW2 pic of a US soldier with an Australian military Plymouth utility . The strange looking device on the LH side of the cab , is a gallows for punishing .... sorry I mean its a LAA mount for a bren gun . The mount was refered to as the gallows LAA mount . A bren light machine gun was used in the AA role by the guy in the roof hatch .... shooting at zeros possibly !

Imagen

Interesante,no??
Mariano Paz
Socio n°27
1944 Ariel WNG
1945 Ford FAT
LU4ALM
m606paz

Gracias dadas: 1277
Gracias recibidas: 472

Volver a Otros Vehiculos militares Información tecnica