tire pump

Fabricantes, configuraciones, palas, hachas, picos ,cabrestantes, aceiteras, graseras, otros.

Moderador: administrador

tire pump

Notapor vladimirsinisi » 23 Ago 2014, 16:18

JAB escribió:Imagen

Imagen

This is the far left pump in the original picture. The top of the foot is blank & the bottom appears to closely resemble another Walker I have. Made right down the highway from me in Racine, WI. Most of the details are visible in the pictures. The wooden handle has a center mark in each end with 6 lines radiating out from it but they don't seem to be perfectly "in line". The extended length is about 37 3/4", collapsed it's about 21", & the foot is 2 X 6 7/8" inches. The handle is about 7 1/2" long & the band, or collar, holding it is about 1" wide.

Imagen

The second one in the original picture, obviously another Walker but with a brass nozzle with steel knurled nut, chain, & other hardware. The top of the foot is marked US- ORD. (round "dot"). Neither of these Walkers have breather holes so I assume the air enters/exits through the gap around the pump rod. The wooden handle has a center mark in each end with 6 lines radiating out from it but they don't seem to be perfectly "in line". The extended length is about 37 3/4", collapsed it's about 21", & the foot is 2 X 7 9/16 inches. The 2 ft. long hose lookes like it was cut & the clamp at the base end re-used as the cut isn't perfect & there's pliers marks on the clamp. The handle is about 7 1/2" long with a 1" wide collar.

Imagen

The third one, with a US- QMC marked foot. The underside of the foot too difficult to read but the foot appears to be of the same casting as the two previous Walkers with the obvious exception of what's marked on the top of it. The tube is obviously screwed into the foot as some of the threads are visible. The top nut is "less robust" than even the light duty Walkers, apparently known as the "short" nut. The band that holds the wooden handle is wider than the Walkers too. The wooden handle has center marks from the lathe with 6 lines radiateing out from it. No breather hole but the tube has a much more visible seam than the others. I think it's a Walker with different brand rod/handle/top nut assembly. The extended length is about 38 1/2", collapsed it's about 21", & the foot is 2 X 6 7/8" inches. The handle is about 7 1/2" long with a 1 1/2" wide collar. The hose does not appear to be original but is a nominal 2 ft. long with a brass fitting where the nozzle gets screwed in.

Imagen

OK, here's where the confusion started in how I described these in the original picture so I'll stop refering back to that.

This is a Dalton marked pump with U.S. ORD. (square "dots") on the top of the foot. The hose fitting is located on the opposide side of the foot compared to all my other pumps & has what was refered to as a waist on another thread. It's actually two separate, but adjacent circular bosses (one for the pump tube, the other for the outlet fitting) rather than a sort of triangle like the Walkers have. It has a breather hole, octogon shaped nut, & no visible center marks where the handle was held in the lathe, which might explain why it's a little short when compared to the other handles. The extended length is about 37 1/4", collapsed it's about 21", & the foot is 1 15/16 X just under 7 1/2 inches. The handle is about 7 3/8" long with a 1" collar. The hose is a nominal 2 ft. (24") long & appears to be original & has a brass fitting where the nozzle gets screwed in.

Imagen

This one is marked US- ORD (no period after the D) on the top of the foot. The circled N & a 3 is all I can see on the bottom. Same style casting as the previous Dalton but the outlet is in the same place as the Walkers. The top nut is a bit different than the Dalton as you can see & it too has a breather hole. The wooden handle has the center mark with the 6 lines radiating out but the shape of the handle is much different than any of the others. In fact, it's similar to one of the Walker handles but with more exagerated major & minor diameters. The extended length is about 37 1/2" , collapsed it's about 21 1/4", & the foot is 2 X 7 1/2" inches. The handle is just under 7 1/2" with a 1 3/16" collar.

Imagen

OK, I must have sold one because there's only two remaining. This one appears to be a US- QMC marked Walker very similar to the third one above, including the "short" top nut. It has a top nut like the first two Walkers. The handle also has the center with 6 radiating lines. The extended length is about 38 1/4", collapsed it's about 21", & the foot is 2 X 6 7/8" inches. The handle is about 7 1/2" with a 1" collar. The hose has obviously been replaced but it still retains(?) the brass fitting where the nozzle gets screwed in.

Imagen

The last one in my current collection. Obviously a US- ORD. (round "dot") Walker with very nice & easy to read info. The handle has the center with the 6 lines. The extended length is about 37 5/8", collapsed it's about 21", & the foot is 2 X 7 1/2" inches. The handle is about 7 1/2" with a 1" collar & the hose appears to be original & is about 47" long with a steel fitting at the end where the nozzle should screw in.

Here is a picture with the 6 lathe marks which are present on all Walker pumps.

Imagen

JAB escribió:
Hartofoak escribió:My thoughts as well Luca! Attached is a photo of my so-called Circle N (Noera?) pump base with the foundry mark from Jeff's link superimposed.
There is also a link to another post about a shovel that I acquired with a part number on the wooden handle that also appears to follow the information in Jeff's link.
http://g503.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f= ... l#p1239611
Imagen]
Vladimir Sinisi
Socio n° 136
☆ GPW <>139284 ☆
Trailer M100 #216
vladimirsinisi

Gracias dadas: 84
Gracias recibidas: 142

Re: tire pump

Notapor vladimirsinisi » 23 Ago 2014, 21:14

Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Vladimir Sinisi
Socio n° 136
☆ GPW <>139284 ☆
Trailer M100 #216
vladimirsinisi

Notapor m606paz » 23 Ago 2014, 21:38

Que Buena Info Vladi!
Gracias por subirla!
Mariano Paz
Socio n°27
1944 Ariel WNG
1945 Ford FAT
LU4ALM
m606paz

Gracias dadas: 1277
Gracias recibidas: 472

Notapor vladimirsinisi » 23 Ago 2014, 22:54

Gracias Mariano!
acá Chuck Lutz de G503 aclara un poco las marcas de la base

Imagen
"En cuanto a algunas fotos de WALKER, he visto marcas de fundición 3, 7, 8, 10, 27, 38 y 44 ... la explicación de la amplia serie de números sería el número de moldes que usaban .... no son el nombre de la fundición o el tipo de metal utilizado .... Las letras mayúsculas pueden ser marcas del inspector o para identificar el fabricante del molde.
De hecho, el numero 305592 en bombas sin nombre o dirección en ellas sólo tienen ese número de inventario WALKER, el B / C y el número de molde en ellos. Los tres se reducen a ser las tres partes importantes de información ... WALKER lo hizo, Belle City lo fundió y se usó el molde "44"

Imagen
Imagen
Vladimir Sinisi
Socio n° 136
☆ GPW <>139284 ☆
Trailer M100 #216
vladimirsinisi

Notapor vladimirsinisi » 24 Ago 2014, 11:44

otro dato interesante es la posición de la bomba según la marca del fabricante

WALKER QMC / ORD tenia la válvula en posición de reloj a las 5
DALTON tenia a las 7
UNBRANDED CIRCLE N: tiene la válvula a la 1
unas fotos para aclarar el tema de la ubicación de la bomba
Imagen
Imagen

FORD empezo a utilizar estas bombas de aire a partir del 1 de mayo del 43, 6 meses después que Willys que cambio de QMC a ORD en Noviembre del 42.

Otro cambio fue la utilización del soporte bajo el asiento con la incorporación del pico.
Imagen
Vladimir Sinisi
Socio n° 136
☆ GPW <>139284 ☆
Trailer M100 #216
vladimirsinisi

Notapor m606paz » 24 Ago 2014, 11:53

Hola Vladi!

Estas buscando inflador ?

Yo como no se si le pongo asiento trasero... :roll: no me puse a buscar ...
Mariano Paz
Socio n°27
1944 Ariel WNG
1945 Ford FAT
LU4ALM
m606paz

Notapor vladimirsinisi » 24 Ago 2014, 11:58

jaja no Mariano, ya compre ;) y viste como es esto, antes de comprar me puse a leer y me pareció bueno que quede la info en el foro, gane la subasta de ML, era una Walker QMC, solo le falta el pico ;)
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen

m606paz escribió:Hola Vladi!

Estas buscando inflador ?

Yo como no se si le pongo asiento trasero... :roll: no me puse a buscar ...
Vladimir Sinisi
Socio n° 136
☆ GPW <>139284 ☆
Trailer M100 #216
vladimirsinisi

Notapor m606paz » 24 Ago 2014, 12:24

vladimirsinisi escribió:jaja no Mariano, ya compre ;) y viste como es esto, antes de comprar me puse a leer y me pareció bueno que quede la info en el foro

Imagen que lo digas! Es lo que tiene que premiar en el foro y el espiritu de la AACVM . Compartir y ayudar a restaurar vehiculos militares!

Lamentablemente hay mucha mesquindad a la hora de compartir info, por más absurda que pueda parecer.

Por suerte contamos con vos y otros socios y foristas con el mismo espiritu!

Sos un ejemplo y Gracias Vladi! ! :wink:
Mariano Paz
Socio n°27
1944 Ariel WNG
1945 Ford FAT
LU4ALM
m606paz

Notapor vladimirsinisi » 24 Ago 2014, 12:48

jaja no sera mucho :oops: :oops: :oops:
La información es poder y muchos piensan que siguen teniendo el poder pero hoy existe internet y ese poder se les diluyo así que no pueden meter gato por liebre, se entiende? :roll:
Por suerte en el mundo hay y hubo gente generosa que hizo libros y publicaciones donde quedo mucha info, yo solo transcribo de lo que leo de otras personas que me parecen serias y fundamentan sus publicaciones, también hay mucha basura en internet.

m606paz escribió:
vladimirsinisi escribió:jaja no Mariano, ya compre ;) y viste como es esto, antes de comprar me puse a leer y me pareció bueno que quede la info en el foro

Imagen que lo digas! Es lo que tiene que premiar en el foro y el espiritu de la AACVM . Compartir y ayudar a restaurar vehiculos militares!

Lamentablemente hay mucha mesquindad a la hora de compartir info, por más absurda que pueda parecer.

Por suerte contamos con vos y otros socios y foristas con el mismo espiritu!

Sos un ejemplo y Gracias Vladi! ! :wink:
Vladimir Sinisi
Socio n° 136
☆ GPW <>139284 ☆
Trailer M100 #216
vladimirsinisi

Notapor martinelterrible » 24 Ago 2014, 13:00

Imagen
Martin
Socio n°130
ZUNDAPP KS600
CMP C15
MB 43
CARRIER T 16
martinelterrible

Gracias dadas: 92
Gracias recibidas: 137

Notapor m606paz » 24 Ago 2014, 21:25

Ford GPW Tool Kit Shipping crate

Imagen

Detalle del inflador

Imagen
Mariano Paz
Socio n°27
1944 Ariel WNG
1945 Ford FAT
LU4ALM
m606paz

Notapor vladimirsinisi » 25 Ago 2014, 08:13

En el detalle de esta foto se ve que GPW uso el inflador WALKER por la posición de la bomba a las 5 :wink:
m606paz escribió:Detalle del inflador

Imagen
Vladimir Sinisi
Socio n° 136
☆ GPW <>139284 ☆
Trailer M100 #216
vladimirsinisi

Notapor Fulpi » 26 Ago 2014, 11:28

Felicitaciones Vladimir, excelente hallazgo en Mercado Libre, yo no lo vi, sino casi seguro que hubiera ofertado.
Fulpi MB
Fulpi

Gracias dadas: 27
Gracias recibidas: 69

Notapor luisal1945 » 25 Ene 2016, 23:02

Finalmente me llego un inflador Walker que consegui en USA. Acompaño unas fotos.
Si bien tiene 6 marcas en el mango, no tengo la seguridad de que sean las originales del torno ya que, parecen ser mas "artesanales". . . Qué opinan Uds ?
Vladimir, muy bueno tu informe y me resulto de mucha utilidad.
Un cordial saludo para todos.
Luis

https://flic.kr/p/CWHxCe https://flic.kr/p/DsUzxb https://flic.kr/p/DnXaKv https://flic.kr/p/CxPZ44
Luis Alvira
Socio n° 146
luisal1945

Ubicación: Guadalupe Norte (Ruta Nac 11 km 814), prov de Santa Fe
Gracias dadas: 0
Gracias recibidas: 51

Notapor vladimirsinisi » 26 Ene 2016, 09:09

Muy bueno ese inflador! hasta el pico tiene, genial!
con respecto a las marcas del torno no parecieran estar alineadas, como vos decís parecen hechas a mano, pero en estas cosas nunca se sabe :lol:
Vladimir Sinisi
Socio n° 136
☆ GPW <>139284 ☆
Trailer M100 #216
vladimirsinisi

Siguiente

Volver a Herramientas y equipamientos