Instalacion de la Capota II

1959 - 1978, M151, M151A1, M151A2, Preguntas, discusiones, todo lo relacionado con los M151 Mutt.

Moderador: administrador

Instalacion de la Capota II

Notapor m606paz » 29 Ene 2012, 23:20

Aqui tenes la guia Pascual!! :D

Airborne Bob escribió:That time of year again, fellas. Time to get the soft top back on. Most of you already know how to do this, but I took some pictures for some of the newbies who might not know how they go on. After the Aberdeen run, I take my canvas top off for the summer. Then, about this time of year, it goes back on again for the winter. Let's get started:

Imagen

Undo the straps that hold your top bows to the body.

Imagen

Start unfolding the top bow mechanism.

Imagen

Manipulate the top bows until you lock the arm into the pin on the side of your jeep.

Imagen

Insert the thumb screw into the hole from the inside and tighten it down.

Imagen

It should look like this after it's tightened.

Imagen

Attach your top rods that run from the bow frame to the windshield.

Imagen

Undo the "breaking" mechanism (above) on the arm that allows some freedom of movement between the windshield and the bows.

Imagen

Now you can start feeding the canvas top through the channel at the top of the windshield. The top has to be upside down to do this. It's best to lay it on the hood and start feeding it carefully in from one side.

Imagen

If you've got hood bumpers on your windshield, you might want to remove them. I do, because it makes the job a lot easier. The only other obstacle is the hood latch in the center of the windshield, which will give you trouble if you don't lift the top as you continue feeding it through the channel.

Imagen

At this point, I find it easier to stand inside the jeep and finish pulling it through from the top.

Imagen

It'll look like this after you've fed it through the channel. Make sure both sides are equidistant from both sides of the windshield.

Imagen

Now go ahead and flop it over the top bows.

Imagen

Pull the canvas over the bows (with the top steel rod still "relaxed" in the open position). This will enable you to still get the top on properly even if your canvas has shrunk a little since the last time you had it on. You want to "work" the canvas on over the bow at the rear so that the back stitching sits on top of that rear bow, then start to cinch it up.

Imagen

You'll need to undo your gas can strap and feed it through the hole in the canvas that's there for that specific purpose.

Imagen

Now go ahead and finish pulling all those straps tight. You're probably going to have to loosten your spare tire, because the right rear strap is a bitch to tighten properly if you don't.

Imagen

When you've got the straps tight, now you can reposition your "breaking arm" back into the straight position and make sure it locks into that position. This will tighten up the top and allow it to stretch back out.

Imagen

Refasten the sides of the canvas top to the rod (or bar) that runs between the bows and the windshield. You can see that the bar (above) is locked in the straight position now.

Imagen

The inside of the top should look like this when completely fastened to the bar.

Imagen

Finish up the job by refastening your bow straps to themselves. You have to kind of play around with them and you'll find a way to cinch them up as shown above.

Imagen

Don't forget to refasten your hood bumpers.

Imagen

When done, the top should fit squarely and snugly. Oops! I forgot to double up my cinch straps into the clamps so they don't fly around on me.

Imagen

Mission accomplished. All set for the winter and another trip to Aberdeen in the spring! This is a Dave Pizzaferrato top. I think he does pretty nice work.

Hope you newbies enjoyed this tutorial. I just hope when I click the "Submit" button that this board takes all this photo bandwidth in one post!
Mariano Paz
Socio n°27
1944 Ariel WNG
1945 Ford FAT
LU4ALM
m606paz

Gracias dadas: 1277
Gracias recibidas: 472

Notapor pascualmattera » 30 Ene 2012, 12:01

hola Mariano
muy buena las fotos
no sabia que habia que sacar el tope del parabrisas
que lindo tener una capota asi parece que es la primera vez que la coloca
je je

saludos pascual
Pascual
Socio n° 66
m38a1
m151a2
m416 trailer 1/4 ton
m762 trailer 3/4 ton
m105a2 trailer 1.5 ton
ar100 trailer en recuperacion
Operador CW LW4DXL
pascualmattera

Gracias dadas: 0
Gracias recibidas: 81

Notapor pascualmattera » 30 Ene 2012, 12:06

tambien se ve el detalle del soporte del matafuegos el que trajimos es el correcto y los agujeros coinsiden con el mismo .

ahora falta el matafuegos creo que es descartable pero aun asi me gustaria encontrar uno

saludos pascual
Pascual
Socio n° 66
m38a1
m151a2
m416 trailer 1/4 ton
m762 trailer 3/4 ton
m105a2 trailer 1.5 ton
ar100 trailer en recuperacion
Operador CW LW4DXL
pascualmattera

Gracias dadas: 0